Sunday 1 January 2017

First nail art of 2017! The High Lights using Sally Hanson.

Hello all, and welcome back!

I hope you've all had a happy and safe holiday season! 

I've got some pretty simple nails to share with you (as always, because I'm lazy and don't like doing things that require effort - haha). I am planning to do some more intricate designs soon, so keep an eye out!
This is called The High Light, due to the fact that I think it looks like the kind of lights used at a red carpet event or something of that nature. 


 The High Light

I used two coats of Sally Hansen's 220 Celeb City for the base. Once dry, I took two pieces of striping tape to make a diagonal triangle. Using Sally Hansen's Triple Shine Make Waves, I carefully painted on both sides of the triangle. I then quickly removed the tape, and once dry, a top coat was applied.
I love the way these two colours go together! If you look at it in the right light, they melt into each other perfectly.


The High Light

The possibilities are almost endless with this design. You could do this with three colours and give it a star burst effect, or you could simply change the colours to suit the situation. If I did this again, I'd probably use two or three pastel colours. 

What colours would you use?
Let me know!


Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment