Sunday 18 December 2016

Christmas Wrapped Present Nail Art!

Hello all!

Welcome back! I have once again decided to do some Christmas nails. As I mentioned in my previous post, I had so many different ideas, so I thought "Why not do one more?"

Today's design is a simple one. I was going to do more skittle nails, but I'm not sure I'm a fan. These ones are "Wrapped Presents". They look like little perfectly wrapped Christmas boxes, which I think is really cute. This design can be worn for various occasions, just change your colours!

Wrapped Present Nails.

I used three colours for this one:
220 Celeb City - Sally Hensen Hard as Nails Xtream wear, metallic silver.
Rebel Red - BYS, simple red crelly.
Fatal Attraction - BYS, lime green jelly.

Simple simple for this one. I started with two coats of Celeb City. Using two pieces of striping tape, I crossed them over each other in a different place for each nail to form a cross. Once the tape was secure, I applied one coat of Rebel Red to three of my nails, and quickly removed the tape. For my accent nail, I used two coats of Fatal Attraction due to the sheerness of it. I waited about 10 minutes for the first coat to dry, added the second and removed the tape. Then once all nails were totally dry, I used a sandwich bag to hold a blob of Celeb city and used my dotting tool to make the bows. I made two small teardrops on either side of one line, then drew two small diagonal lines leading away from the tears. Once the tear drops were relatively dry, I went back to my dotting tool with the Rebel Red and Fatal Attraction, and added one small dot inside the teardrops. Lastly, I used my fave Big Shiny Top Coat to seal it all and I was done!


Fabulous, quick and festive! 


Close up, so you can see more of the details. 

Another, just for fun.

Close up of the Rebel Red.

I like the way this looks with the crelly/jellies. The glitters from Celeb City poke through just enough to add some depth to it. I would love to try this out with some pastels for a birthday. 

What do you think? Would you try this? What colours would you use?

Let me know!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment