Sunday 4 December 2016

Light Galaxy Nail Art With BYS Cosmetics Nail Polish

Hey hey, people!

What have we got today? Why, its nail art, of course!

This design is something fun and oh so easy! Literally anyone can do it! I like to call it "The Light Galaxy". It's a not-so-typical galaxy nail art. I love the galaxy look, but I wanted to use some lighter colours (almost like the center of a supermassive black hole) and make it a little more my own. I have so many blue polishes so I thought this would be a really good way to use them. Plus, how often do you see a galaxy nail that's not black, purple and white? 


So, here it is:
Light Galaxy Nail Art pictured with Glam Glitter - Silver Moon by BYS

Look at that HOLO! 

This was my very first attempt at galaxy anything. My nails were still rather short at this point and I wasn't sure how this was going to turn out, but I'm actually really happy with them. I could not stop admiring them! I'd definitely do this again. 
A variety of different polishes were used for this.
We have...

Sky's the Limit - BYS: the base colour, a soft, pastel blue creme. 

French White - BYS: a white creme used as the focus point of the design.
Fools Paradise - BYS: a blue creme used over parts of the white.
Hocus Pocus - BYS: an amazing teal shimmer creme used over the majority of the nail.
Glam Glitter - Silver Moon - BYS: a holographic glitter polish with various sized glitters, and a clear base used to replicate stars. 


Now, for most of the other galaxy nails I've seen, people tend to draw stars with white polish or paint. I don't have a steady hand though, so I skipped this and just used the holo glitter instead...Which I am totally cool with because I think the holo adds just a bit more detail... and who doesn't love rainbows?

Firstly, I applied two coats of Sky's the Limit. Once this was dry, I painted some French White onto a small piece of make up sponge and then dabbed it onto my nails in continuous, uneven lines of varying direction. I then used a different side of the same piece of sponge and dabbed some Fools Paradise sporadically alongside the white polish. The same was done with Hocus Pocus, although spanning a larger area, while taking care not to cover too much of the colours underneath. Once all the dabbing was done and dry, I brushed on two coats of Silver Moon and rearranged some of the larger glitter pieces with an orange wood stick, so as to not have them so clustered together. Finally, a generous coat of shiny top coat and we're done! Now, we just sit back and admire our creative work! 

I love the idea of galaxy nails because they're so simple, but look so complex. With this, I can pretend I'm actually seriously talented. The best part is, there are so many different combinations with this and no two nails will ever be the same!

I'd love to see some other not-so-typical galaxy designs. Leave me a comment with your awesome nail art! 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment