Sunday 27 November 2016

Essie Garden Varity Spring 2015 with Accent Nail + Review.

G'day people!


Today's design is very simple and a little bit boring, but still looks good! Basically it's a fancy swatch. Haha.
Here we have Garden Variety from Essie's 2015 spring collection. It's a stunning colour and I absolutely love it!  This was gifted to me by a dear friend of mine, along with a bunch of other awesome nail supplies (she knows me so well). This, along with Blossom Dandy (also from the 2015 spring collection), was one of my first Essie colours.

I wasn't sure what to do with it because it's a very unique colour, and on its own it is just gorgeous. So, after painting all my nails in this majestic colour, I opted for something simple. I did a thick horizontal strip pattern on my accent nail. At this point I only had striping tape and I didn't want the lines to be so thin, so instead, I did two coats of OPI Alpine Snow and then I used Essie Garden Variety to do two straight(ish) lines horizontally across the nail. I had to use a decent amount because the white underneath made it a little less opaque, and since I was free handing I didn't think I'd be able to get a second coat quite as neatly.
And there you have it!
A super cute, super easy, accent nail!
 Indoor natural lighting with top coat.
Outdoor natural lighting with top coat.
Indoor natural lighting with top coat & the bottle.

I wanted to do a bit of a review on this one, so if you're interested, keep reading!

As I said before, I love this colour. Surprisingly, I managed to get a photo that's true to colour. I've looked at this polish online before and found that most pictures don't do it justice. I'd call this a deep green creme with undertones of blue. I feel that it's true to its name, it definitely reminds me of a garden!

It has a wide brush which I love! Always makes everything easier. The application is flawless and if I recall correctly, it was mostly opaque in just one coat (except over the white). I still did two coats for this one, though.
I honestly think that this is a year-round colour. You could use it in any season and it'd just be so fitting. 


I'm still not sure what other colours would go with this one, but I'd love to find out. I think a really nice deep purple would look stunning.

Got any ideas? Let me know, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment