Sunday 20 November 2016

Golden Chevron

Howdy y'all & welcome back!

Today's design is super cute and easy. I love this one for so many reasons! Firstly, I love the colour combo. This beautiful peachy-pink "Isn't She Lovely" from BYS is just adorable, and the metallic gold "Hidden Treasure" (also from BYS) just adds a bit of a high-end feel, in my opinion.

I'm calling it Golden Chevron. Super creative, I know, I know, thank you. Haha.

This one was a little tricky with the actual chevron pattern as I don't have any chevron vinyls, so I had to use multiple pieces of striping tape. Hence the less than even lines. If you're familiar with striping tape, you probably feel my pain here. Sorry 'bout it!

But still, not a bad effort, I think. I didn't notice that they were uneven until I got to editing my photos a few hours later. If you aren't looking at them too closely, you probably wouldn't even notice.

I really enjoyed wearing this design. I could not stop looking at them. The soft creamy peach paired with the sparkling gold is just amazing. I will definitely be using these colours together again! I think they'd be great for a more formal event, or possibly as a spring accessory. 




For this design I used a peel off base coat. I did two coats of my base colour Hidden Treasure, just to make sure it was opaque. I applied a top coat to stop the tape from removing the polish underneath, then added the striping tape in a chevron pattern. With the tape pressed down firmly and as neatly as I could get them, I painted a really thick layer of Isn't She Lovely over the entire nail. Quickly and carefully I removed the striping tape and continued with the rest of my nails. Once they were all dry I added a top coat to seal everything. 

It was rather easy and quick. I only wanted the gold to come through in the chevron so I had to use a thicker coat of peach as it's a very thin polish, and a standard coat would have been a little too sheer. I used 4 x 1mm pieces of striping tape for the middle finger with the larger space between. Another 4 pieces directly on top of each other for the index finger and I'm pretty sure I used 3 pieces for the pinkie. I didn't want them all to be the same. Sometimes I hate working with striping tape because it can be so difficult to get it right. I plan on finding a better way of doing this, as nail vinyls are not always easy for me to get.

Oh and if you happen to notice the cracks that I tried to cover up, I was testing out a peel off base coat. It didn't dry quite enough before I applied my base colour, which led to the slight cracking. I may even do a review of that one later on. 

What do you think? Will you give this one a go? Have you done something like this? 
Feel free to share them with me(:

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment