Sunday 29 January 2017

Summer Mermaid Nails

Hello, hello! 

How are we all? I hope you're all keeping cool. It's been insanely hot in Victoria this week.

I have got some lovely summery nails to share today. As you may know, I am in love with all things mermaid! So when I got a stamping plate with a scale pattern, I just had to do it! Originally I was going to do a pink & purple gradient with silver scales but I was having a little difficulty with that and decided to do it this way instead, and I'm really glad I did. 
Mermaid Scales
I think they turned out amazing, despite a few little mishaps here and there. After all, nothing is perfect. This colour combo is pretty wicked, the silver really brings it together for me. 

Colours used:
Matte Violet Frosting - BYS, which is a beautiful soft violet with a matte finish.
Mexican Madness - Australis, one of my faviorte hot pinks (see more here)
Celeb City - Sally Hansen, a metallic silver I use frequently (see more here & here)
Stamping plate used:
Born Pretty 109

Born Pretty plate 109
I applied two coats of Matte Violet Frosting. Using my Born Pretty 109 stamping plate I painted Mexican Madness onto the plate, then scraped and stamped on each nail. Once dry I used Celeb City and repeated the stamping on all nails, trying to stay as close to the pink as possible, and then finished with a top coat. Even though the silver is slightly removed from the pink, I'm happy with the out come because it adds a little depth. 

Mermaid Scales

Mermaid Scales with plate BP - 109

Simple as that, I have an awesome, summery, mermaid nail art. I intend to create many more looks with this pattern. The possibility are endless and exciting. 

Do you like this pattern? Have you done something like this? Feel free to share them with me!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment