Sunday 15 January 2017

My First Stamping Mani! Ft. Essence Holographic.


Hello everyone!

Let's get into it!

Today we have one of my favorite ways to create nail art. Nail stamping! This is my very first time doing stamping, and my very first plate. As soon as I got it, I had to try it out. I did some test stamping on some paper towels first just to see the opaqueness of the colours. After a few tests, I decided to do these.
Holo Flower Print

The plate I used is Born Pretty - 55. As I mentioned earlier, I hadn't done any stamping before this, hence the messy cuticle area and some of the misplaced stamp. I tried not to put them all in the same place on each nail so that they show different sections of the pattern. 
I used OPI - Lady in Black, which is a simple black creme, and Essence - Pink Parrot from the Exit to Explore collection, which I believe is a rich pink scattered holo. (I'm still not sure if this is a scattered holo) 

I love these nails because they look simple enough, but they're also mesmerizing. This pattern is the reason I bought this plate. I think these colours look so perfect together, they complement each other very well.

The process was pretty simple. I painted two coats of Lady in Black. Once dry, I painted Pink Parrot onto the stamping plate along the area I wanted, scraped it off once and rolled my stamper across it. Quickly and carefully I pressed the stamper down on my nail. As I applied pressure, I gently rolled it back and forth to make sure it was evenly on the nail. And as always, I finished with a shiny top coat. 

I love stamping (now that I've done it a few times) because it makes those crazy intricate designs so much easier. I cannot imagine trying to do this with a paint brush. It would look horrible! It's also simple and quick. Which is awesome!

Let's take a closer look.



I feel like this one shows off the holo a little better. You can see different dominating colours on different angles. 




Here you can see some holo in the bottle. 

I don't have a picture of the plate, but here's a link to the Born Pretty store, where you can check it out (I am not in anyway endorsed by them) Born Pretty 55

And that's all for today!

I'm thinking about doing a review on this polish, leave a comment below if you'd like to see that.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment