Sunday 23 July 2017

Boyfriend's Pick - Black and Green Gradient

Hey people!
Hope y'all are doing well.

This design comes partly from my boyfriend. I asked him to pick out at least two colours from my collection for me to create a design with. He chose black and green, and this is what I did.

Black and Green Gradient with Fatal Attraction - BYS

To create this look I used the following colours and tools:
Lady in Black - OPI
Fatal Attraction - BYS
Camo Coat - Celestial
Cosmetic sponge 
Thin Striping Tape
G'day Matte Top Coat - Picture Polish.
  
Black & Green Gradient with G'day Matte Top Coat - piCture pOlish

I started with two coats of Fatal Attraction as a base. I painted Camo Coat over each nail and allowed to dry. I then took a cosmetic sponge and painted on Fatal Attraction and Lady in Black, then dabbed onto the index and middle nails. When I got to the next one, I placed four pieces of striping tape vertically on the nail and dabbed over the top. Once satisfied with the gradient, I quickly removed the tape. I decided to leave the pinky as just Fatal Attraction and painted my thumb with Lady in Black. I finished off with G'day Matte Top Coat. 


Green & Black Gradient Nail Art
I do wish that I had done another coat or two of Fatal Attraction as this colour is rather translucent. I also learnt that I need to stick the tape over the free edge of my nail when doing gradients like this. As you can see, it bled through on the tip and I don't like the way it looks.

This was fun though, not something I would have normally done, so I am always grateful for the input of my partner.

What do you think? Does your partner help you out with designs? Let me know below.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment