Sunday 20 August 2017

Pastel Chevron Gradient Nail Art Design.

Hello hello!

I hope everyone is doing well. I am still getting over a cold, but I am well enough for nail art, so I am happy. Haha.
I'm not sure that you guys know this yet, but I am pretty much obsessed with pastel colours. So I decided to create a simple gradient with a chevron pattern.
Pastel Chevron Gradient Nail Art 

I used these items for this design:
Coral Silk - Ulta3
Tingle - piCture pOlish
Blanc - Essie
Chevron Nail Stickers
Cosmetic sponge
G'day Matte Top Coat - piCture pOlish
Camo Coat - Celestial

Pastel Chevron Gradient with Coral Silk - Ulta3

I started with two coats of Blanc as a base. Once dry, I applied a quick dry top coat and then painted Camo Coat around each nail. I then placed two chevron stickers on my middle and ring finger, making sure each was securely pressed to the nail. I painted Tingle and Coral Silk onto a cosmetic sponge and dabbed it over each nail. As these colours are somewhat softer, it did take a fair few coats to get them just right. Once I was happy, I removed the chevron stickers and the Camo Coat, then finished with a G'day Matte Top Coat.

Pastel Chevron Gradient with Tingle - piCture pOlish

I left the stickers on a little too long because of the gradient, which caused a little bleeding in the design. But, I kind of like the distressed look that this made. I also wish I hadn't overlapped the colour on the sponge so much as it made this purple-ish-grey tone between them. All in all though, it still looks really awesome. 

Pastel Chevron Gradient with G'day Matte Top Coat - piCture pOlish
I do just love these colours together. This blue-green tone has to be my favorite colour at the moment. 
What do you think?
Let me know below!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment