Sunday 27 August 2017

Attempt at Abstract Nail Art Design

Hey everyone.

Hope y'all are well.

I decided to break out of my nail art comfort zone with this one. Having said that, I have used these techniques before, so only a little outside the comfort zone. Haha. Anyway, here's my 'abstract' nail art design. 

Abstract Nail Art

For this design, I used these:

Blanc - Essie
Roller Coaster - BYS
Violet Turning Violet - BYS
Lady In Black - OPI
Thin striping brush
Dotting tool

Abstract Nail Art with Roller Coaster - BYS

I started with two coats of Blanc for the base. Once dry, using Roller Coaster, I wiped of all the excess polish from the brush and swiped it across the nails. I tried not to take it all the way across my nail as that was the look I was trying to achieve. I grabbed a sandwich bag and placed a blob of Violet Turning Violet on it. I dipped a thin striping brush into the polish and made a vertical line down the side of my nail from slightly above Roller Coaster to the edge of my nail. I did have to dip into the polish a few times to get a decent opacity. I then took Lady in Black and dropped it on the same bag. Using a dotting tool, I dipped it into the polish and placed two dots on each nail in the bottom corner. As always, I finished with a quick dry top coat. 

Abstract Nail Art with Violet Turning Violet

I actually really liked how these turned out, the colours seem to go really well together. I might be biased though, as purple and green are my two favorites right now. The cool thing about this design is that it'll work with any colours and it doesn't need to be perfect. What do you think? Have you tried something like this? Let me know, I'd love to see them!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment