Sunday 29 April 2018

Black and Gold Nail Art

Hello everyone, 

I hope you've all enjoyed your weekend. It was pretty good on this side of the globe; bright, sunny, and just PERFECT for that classic jeans and t-shirt look... which just so happens to be my preferred attire - after PJs, of course!

I've got a nice and simple design this week. I have got a bit of thing with triangles on my nails, so this one was fun to create and wear. The best part is, you don't need any super-skilled talent to re-create this design! Don't let the simplicity and ease fool you, though - this design oozes elegance and is perfect for any occasion.


The following polishes were used for this design:
Golden Luster by BYS cosmetics
Lady In Black by OPI
Big Primer Base Coat by Sally Hansen
Kwik Dry Top Coat by Sally Hansen

As well as these products:
3mm Striping tape


To create this design I started with Big Primer Base Coat. 
Once dry, I applied three coats of Golden Luster, allowing more than enough time for each layer to dry completely. This shade is very sheer, as you can see (I probably should have added an additional coat in order to hide my smile line more thoroughly, however I didn't notice until I reviewed the photos). 
I then applied a coat of Kwik Dry Top Coat and let dry. 
Once it was completely dry, I cut four pieces of striping tape and applied two in the shape of a triangle on my middle and ring fingers, making sure to adhere it well to the nail. I then applied Lady In Black to the inner triangle on my middle finger, making sure it was opaque, then removed the tape. Moving onto my ring finger, I painted Lady In Black on the outer section of the nail, again ensuring complete coverage and removing the tape. Once dry, I applied another coat of Kwik Dry Top Coat to finish the design. 


Simple, yet beautiful.
A perfect example of how black and gold were just made for each other.
I really do love this gold polish, however I just wish it were more opaque...*sigh*... we can't have it all now, can we?

The beauty of this design really is in its simplicity.
It's so easy that ANYONE can do it - all you need are your favourite colours and some striping tape - which is cheap!
So cheap, in fact, that I have bucket-loads of it... I really should incorporate it more into my designs!  


So, let me know your thoughts.
Do you like the black and gold look?

What colours would you try for this design?

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment