Sunday 28 January 2018

Blues Jeans Nail Art

Hello beautiful people!

I hope all my fellow Aussies enjoyed Australia Day! I am somewhat ashamed of myself this year. I, the creator of the AustraNailian, did not do Aussie nail art! I didn't realize until it was too late and here we are, the Australia day long weekend and I'm not wearing my pride. I am going to have to make up for this next year, with several nail art designs just for Australia. 

Since I am such an unorganized person, you'll just have to deal with what I have got for you today. I've seen heaps of people do similar designs to this one, but I bought this particular polish from Essence that claimed to be 'denim effect', so obviously, I had to create something resembling Blue Jeans. Keep reading to see what I used & how I created this cute design.

Blue Jeans Nail Art

To create this design I used these polishes:

Start The Blue Rebellion! by Essence
Alpine Snow by OPI
Be Happy by Chi Chi Cosmetics
Sun Kissed by Sally Hansen 
Ready To Take Off Peel off base coat by UNT

I also used these tools:

Short striping brush
Small dotting tool
Plastic bag
Acetone
Paper towel

Blue Jeans Nail Art with Start The Blue Rebellion!

I started with one coat of Ready to Take Off and allowed to dry, then applied two coats of Start The Blue Rebellion!. Whilst drying, I grabbed my striping brush, dotting tool and bag. I then applied small drops of Alpine Snow, Be Happy and Sun Kissed to a plastic bag. After making sure my polish was dry, I dipped the striping brush into Alpine Snow and made small lines around the edge of my middle nail. Continuing with Alpine Snow, I made a small pocket shaped outline on my index nail using the same small lines as before. I then grabbed my dotting tool, dipped it into Alpine Snow and made a flower design by applying one dot to the center of my accent nail, then placed dots around it. I cleaned off the dotting tool by dipping it into some acetone and rolling it over a paper towel. I then used Be Happy to place smaller dots over the flower, taking care to not completely cover it. Cleaning my tool again, I moved to Sun Kissed and placed one small dot in the center of the flower. I didn't apply top coat on this design because I thought it might detract from the denim effect of the polish underneath. 

Blue Jeans Nail Art with Be Happy 

This design was super quick and easy, probably the easiest I've done in a while. I really liked the effect of this polish, definitely reminded me of those good old blue jeans everyone seems to own. I felt the design needed a little more than just stitching so I added the flower as one of those iron-on patches. This one feels like a 70's style, totally accidental, but I like it.

What do you think?
Do you like the look of the denim effect?

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment