Sunday 3 December 2017

Peachy Smoosh Marble & Stamping Nail Art

Hey everyone, 

It is officially summer here in the land of Oz! Not that you'd ever know it was anything other than winter in Victoria, but nonetheless, still summer... which means bright, fun, colourful manis that I am so ready for!
So, as you know, I have all these super cute stamping polishes from Hit The Bottle and I've been a little scared to use them. This week I decided to let loose and just go for it. I didn't just want to do stamping, so I decided to mix in my favorite nail art technique, Smoosh Marble! Here's what I've got for you this week, peachy smoosh marble & stamping.

Peachy Smoosh Marble & Stamping Nail Art
For this fun design I used these polishes:


Big Primer Base Coat by Sally Hansen
Apricot Cockatoo by Essence
Tipsy Grasshopper by Hit The Bottle
Sparkling Cyan-ide by Hit The Bottle
Drunk Tank Pink by Hit The Bottle 
Paint The Town Violet by Hit The Bottle
Kwik Dry Top Coat by Sally Hansen

These products were also used:

BP-98 Stamping Plate by Born Pretty
Liquid Latex by Lulaa
Large clear stamper


Peachy Smoosh Marble Nail Art with Sparkling Cyan-ide
I started with Big Primer base coat. After drying, I applied two coats of Apricot Cockatoo. Whilst that was drying, I applied Lulaa latex around my middle and ring fingers. Taking stamping plate BP-98, I applied small dots of Tipsy Grasshopper, Sparkling Cyan-ide, Drunk Tank Pink and Paint the Town Violet to the design, then scraped it a few times to blend the colours. I then quickly picked up the design with my large stamper and pressed it over my ring finger. I removed the latex from this finger and cleaned up around the nail where necessary. Moving onto my middle finger, I grabbed my stamper and dropped small amounts of Tipsy Grasshopper, Sparkling Cyan-ide, Drunk Tank Pink, Paint the Town Violet and Apricot Cockatoo on to it. I then pressed the stamper over my nail, spreading the polish out. I continued to stamp over the nail until I was satisfied with the colour distribution, then removed the latex and cleaned up. I finished off with Kwik Dry top coat. 

Peachy Smoosh Marble Nail Art with Apricot Cockatoo

I am happy with how this turned out, although I feel the stamp was a little duller than I was hoping for. I may have over done the scraping,  causing less polish to be left on the design. But this smoosh is awesome! I think it looks like a grungy, arty, delightful mess and that's super fun. 

What do you think? 

Don't you just love these bright stamping polishes?

Thanks for stopping by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment