Sunday 5 March 2017

Mermaid Smoosh Nail Art with Chi Chi

Howdy everyone & welcome back!

I feel like this week has just flown by! 

Yesterday was my birthday, so these nails are inspired by my star sign (Pisces) & my personality. 

I am so in love with these nails, I honestly wish they were permanent. I think these are the best nails I have done so far. Of course, I am a little biased.

So here they are!

Mermaid Smoosh Nail Art
As you can see, these nails are totally full on! I used a variety of polishes & other nail art items, which I have laid out in a list below.

Booty-Licious - Chi Chi, a beautiful pastel creme green.
Good Vibrations - Chi Chi, a purple creme with pink undertones. Also used here.
Boys, Boys, Boys - Chi Chi, a middle tone blue creme. Also used here.
Barbie Boy - Chi Chi, a soft pink creme.
Party Popper - BYS, confetti top coat with purple glitters & white flakes.
Black Stamping Polish - Born Pretty.
Stamping Plate 109 - Born Pretty. 
Varying sized pearl nail studs.
Camo Coat - Celestial, liquid latex. 

I really enjoyed doing these nails. The smoosh nails are so easy and they never turn out the same, try as you might. Plus, these pearls are so cute! Really glad I bought them.

Mermaid Smoosh Nail Art with Booty-Licious - Chi Chi
I used two coats of Barbie Boy for a base. Once the base was dry, I used Camo Coat to protect my cuticle area and avoid messy fingers. Then, I randomly dropped Barbie Boy, Good Vibrations, Boys, Boys, Boys and Booty-Licious on to a stamper, and dabbed it around the nail. I removed the Camo Coat and applied a coat of Party Popper. Once that was dry I reapplied the Camo Coat. Using the 109 stamping plate & stamping polish, I stamped the scale pattern over all but one nail and removed the Camo Coat. Using a layer of top coat as adhesive, I arranged pearls around the cuticle area of my ring finger to create an accent nail, then finished it all off with a top coat. 

Mermaid Smoosh Nails with Booty-Licious - Chi Chi

I could not stop looking at these nails. They looked like something from an actual salon. I am so happy with how they turned out. Needless to say, I will be doing more of these glorious styled nails, so stay tuned! 

I have done other nail designs using this stamping plate, you can check it out here.
Leave a comment and tell me which one you like better.

Mermaid Smoosh Nail Art up close.
Here's a close up of the pearls. This photo does them no real justice. They're so shiny and beautiful. They do have a slight pink-ish/purple-ish tint to them that looks amazing when they catch the light. 

Mermaid Smoosh Nail Art

What are your thoughts? Would you try these? Let me know, I'd love to see them! I hope you all enjoy them as much as I do.

Also, I'd like to get your thoughts on something. I am thinking about doing some product reviews and possibly doing an additional weekly post for them. If you'd like to see/read that, or if there is anything you'd like to see here, leave me a comment and let me know.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely wicked. My favourite so far as well. I would be happy if they were permanent on me too! Especially since the colours match my hair ��

    ReplyDelete