Sunday 19 March 2017

Matte Stamping & Gradient with piCture pOlish

Welcome back lovely people!

I finally caved and bought me some piCture pOlish nail polish recently. They have a matte top coat called 'G'day Matte' which I thought was totally appropriate for The AustraNailian! So, of course I had to get it. I also purchased another awesome polish called 'Orchid' - a beautiful purple with silver holo flakes - and that is what inspired today's design.

Matte Stamping & Gradient
I also used Essence - Queen Of The Amazon which is a purple plum shimmer, Born Pretty - White stamping polish, Celestial - Camo Coat & QGirl stamping plate - 035.

This design was fairly simple. I applied two coats of Orchid on four of my nails, two coats of Queen Of The Amazon on my ring finger and allowed them to dry. Using plate 035 & white stamping polish, I stamped the design on top of the Orchid. Using Camo Coat to protect my skin, I applied Orchid & Queen Of The Amazon on a sponge to make a gradient on my ring finger. I applied a quick dry top coat to all and finished with G'day Matte top coat over the stamping designs, leaving the gradient with the shiny top coat.

Matte Stamping & Gradient with Orchid - piCture pOlish
I thought it would be interesting to have two different finishes on this design and I believe I am right. It looks awesome.

This Matte top coat is making me fall in love with matte designs. I have never really been a fan, but I guess I just didn't have the right formula. Keep an eye out, I plan on using this one at lot more.  

Matte Stamping & Gradient Nail Art Close Up
What are your thoughts? Have you done different finishes in one mani? Would you do this?
Leave me a comment and let me know. 

Matte Stamping & Gradient with QGirl Plate - 035
That's all for today, so thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment