Sunday 9 September 2018

Funky Floral Nail Art Design

Hello lovely people!

Welcome back! I took a break last week (in case you missed it) because, well honestly, why not? Sometimes you just need to mix things up a bit and take a break from routine. Plus, this blog is a hobby, so if I don't get something out each week, I'm not all that fussed.

It is officially Spring here, (even if the weather doesn't know it yet, it's pretty cold right now) which means pastels, floral prints, and all the pretty girly things! I can't wait to do more of this stuff! So many stamps, so little nails, sigh... But, right now I have this fun, funky, floral design to kick things off, along with plenty more ideas up my sleeve!
Let's get into it!

Funky Floral Nail Art

For this nail art, I used these nail polishes:
Go With The Flowy by Essie
Off Tropic by Essie
Lime Zinger by Lilypad Lacquer
Ring in The Bling by Essie
Attitude Attitude by Essie
Black Stamping Polish by Emily De Molly 
Kwik Dry Top Coat by Sally Hansen
Top & Base Coat by Rimmel

As well as these tools:
Large clear stamper
Scraper
Stamping Plate BP - 98 by Born Pretty
Liquid Latex by LuLaa
Mani Saver
Cotton ball with Acetone


Funky Floral Nail Art with Ring in The Bling

I started this design with Top and Base Coat. Once that was dry, I applied two coats of Go With The Flowy (should have used a peel off base coat, so much glitter!). I then took Attitude Attitude, wiped the excess polish off the brush using the neck of the bottle and gently swiped it across the nail sparingly. I did the same with Ring in The Bling, Off Tropic and Lime Zinger until I was satisfied with the coverage.
I then took my stamping tools and plate BP - 98, applied Black over the image I wanted to use, then scraped, picked up and pressed the design onto the nail. This image is quite large and has a whole bunch of different elements to it, so I decided to use as much as I could by selecting different areas of it. I made sure to clean the stamper and plate between each use with my mani saver and acetone.
All it took then to finish off was some Kwik Dry Top Coat to keep it sealed and shiny.


Funky Floral Nail Art with Lime Zinger

I'm pretty happy with the end result of this nail art. I was going for something more edgy than just a typical floral design, which I'd like to think I achieved. Not exactly how I wanted it to turn out, but still pretty sweet, I think.
What I really should have done was a reverse stamp to get exactly what I wanted, but I'm honestly so nervous about trying it.
I'll do it one day, I promise!


What do you think?

What funky designs have you got lined up for Spring?

Don't forget to check out my social media pages

Thanks for stopping by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment