Sunday 26 August 2018

Peek-a-boo Nail Art Design

Hello all!

We have been lucky enough to have a full weekend of sunshine! It's almost feeling like summer, I can't wait to get my shorts out! Not to mention getting to do all the summer nail art. I really can't wait for that. So many stamps to try! I'm going to have to print out some of those printable sheets to plan designs.

This week I decided to take a walk down memory lane, back to a time when all the tools I had were polish brushes and striping tape. My collection has grown quite a bit since then, but I always enjoyed how much you can actually do with something as simple as tape and at least two polishes! Heck, you could probably do it with one, if you're into negative space. So this is my Peek-a-boo nail art - perfect for those of you just starting out.

Peek-a-boo Nail Art

I used these polishes:
Lady In Black by OPI
Blanc by Essie
Unicorn Magic by BYS Cosmetics
Top and Base Coat by Rimmel
Kwik Dry Top Coat by Sally Hansen

As well as these tools:
Thin striping tape

Peek-a-boo Nail Art with Unicorn Magic

I started this design with my Top and Base coat. After allowing that to dry, I applied two coats of Blanc. Next, I applied four coats of Unicorn Magic. This colour is very sheer and will change depending on what is used as a base (see here where I used a black base), which means four coats was necessary for this design. Once dry, I applied Kwik Dry Top Coat. This will protect the polish from being peeled up by the tape.
Once all that was dry, I began cutting up pieces of the striping tape. I always make them much longer than necessary so I don't risk messing up my nail art while removing them. Plus, it's cheap and I have so many rolls, I don't think I will ever run out!
I didn't prepare a set amount, I just cut a few pieces and stuck them to the edge of my desk until it looked like there were about enough. I then applied them at random over my middle nail then pressed them down securely to the nail before painting over them with Lady In Black. Once the nail was covered, I removed them one piece at a time. The same was done with my ring finger nail; keeping with the randomness and making sure not to duplicate the previous nail's design. Once I removed the tape, I allowed the polish to dry, then finished off with a Kwik Dry Top Coat.


Peek-a-boo Nail Art with Blanc

I am actually so happy about this design. I always love this peek-a-boo polish-style nail art. Of course, it always looks awesome with black over top. Probably because I love black polish more than any other. With the glittery colour underneath it makes a nice contrast.

Here's one of my very first nail art designs I did similar to this one. Be kind; it was quite a while ago and it took me three days to complete the entire hand because I had no real idea what I was doing. This one only took a few hours (including dry time). Next time I'm going to use a colour that isn't so sheer, so that it won't take as long.

What do you think?
Do you like the peek-a-boo designs?

Are you following me on Instagram yet?
Give me a like once you get there.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment