Sunday 25 March 2018

Autumn Dotticure

Hello lovelies!

Wow, is it really Sunday already? Feels like just yesterday I was sitting here writing last week's post. I can't believe how quickly it has gone, but I'm glad to be doing another post.

We're finally getting some of that awesome autumn weather, so this is probably the best time to do my first Autumn nail art of the season - a cute little dotticure with rich, dark colours. I don't have many autumn colours as the only dark polish I really like is black. However, I do have a tendency to pick up discounted ones when they're a good brand or just super cheap. The colours I used in this nail art design are both Essie, which I picked up for about $8 each - a great bargain as they they usually go for $15 here in Australia. Keep reading for the details on these nails.

Autumn Dotticure
Polishes used for this mani:
In The Lobby by Essie
Frock 'n Roll by Essie
Ready To Take Off by UNT Cosmetics
Kwik Dry Top Coat by Sally Hansen

Tools I used were:
Small Dotting Tool
Medium Dotting Tool
Plastic Sandwich Bag. 

Autumn Dotticure with In The Lobby

To create this design I started with one coat of Ready To Take Off. I used the peel off base coat to avoid any staining to the nail and my fingers when removing the dark polish. After allowing ample time to dry, I applied two coats of In The Lobby. Whilst drying, I collected my dotting tools and a plastic sandwich bag. Once I was sure the base polish was dry, I applied a drop of Frock 'n Roll on the sandwich bag. Taking the medium dotting tool, I dipped it in the polish on the bag and then began placing dots in various places on the top half of the nail. I did the same with the small dotting tool until I was satisfied with the coverage. I continued this on all nails, placing some dots further down the nail and leaving varying spaces between to try and create an uneven design. Giving the dots time to dry, I finished with Kwik Dry Top Coat. 

Autumn Dotticure with Frock 'n Roll

This was a nice easy one (dotticures always are). They're so simple to modify as well, you can basically use any colours to suit you or your situation. I thought this nail art would be perfect for work; as the colours are so similar, indoor lighting made them look like one colour. In the sunlight, however, the difference really came through. 

I also really liked having dark colours on my nails again, it was fun to mix it up a little bit. Maybe I'll continue with the dark colours through the rest of the season.

Do you like this design?
What's your favorite autumn nail polish?

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment