Sunday 12 November 2017

Hit The Bottle Messy Mani

Hello everyone!

I hope you're having a good weekend. 

I'd just like to mark a little milestone before I get into this post. Last week marked the one year anniversary of my very first blog post! I did kind of forget about it because I couldn't quite remember the date - which is a little disappointing - but I am having a mini internal celebration. I feel I've come a pretty long way in just a year, but I also know I still have a long way to go.

Anyway, let's get to the good stuff - nail art! I recently made my first purchase with Hit The Bottle Polish, so of course I went a little crazy when I found out they were only $3.95! I was hoping to do a swatch-like post of them before posting a mani, but I just haven't had time. So instead, I'll be putting my two cents in at the end of this post. I'll list all polishes I used in this mani, as well as products below. 

I've decided to call this a messy mani because I was just trying out the colours and seeing what I could do with them, but they turned out pretty good and so I decided it needed to be shared.

Hit The Bottle Messy Mani
For this design I used these polishes:
Drunk Tank Pink by Hit The Bottle
Sparkling Cyan-ide by Hit The Bottle
Tipsy Grasshopper by Hit The Bottle
Paint The Town Violet by Hit The Bottle 
Celeb City by Sally Hansen
Kwik Dry Top Coat by Sally Hansen

I used these stamping plates:
BP - 92
BP - 109
BP - 43
BP - 152
BP - L042

I also used these products:
Large clear stamper
Plastic scraper
Camo Coat by Celestial
Mani Saver by Best
Cotton balls
Paper towel

Hit The Bottle Messy Mani with Celeb City
For the base of this mani I used Celeb City. I was going to use white, but I really wanted to test out the pigment of these polishes. I then applied Camo Coat around each nail for easier clean up. Using plates 92, 109, 43, 152 and L042 (with paper towel slightly under them), I placed small amounts of Sparkling Cyan-ide, Drunk Tank Pink, Paint The Town Violet and Tipsy Grasshopper onto the design I had chosen. I then scraped the polish a few times to remove excess polish and to blend the colours together. Using my large stamper, I picked up the image and transferred it to the nail. After each stamping I dipped a cotton ball into acetone and, with the help of my mani saver, I cleaned each design as I went. I did this with four different patterns on all nails except my ring finger. For this one I used one pattern multiple times with each different colour, one at a time, and placed them over each other on the nail. Once I was done, I removed the Camo Coat and applied  Kwik Dry Top Coat (none of the photos are with top coat).

Hit The Bottle Messy Mani with Sparkling Cyan-ide and Tipsy Grasshopper

And that's all there is to this mani!
I really enjoyed this one because I love the idea of using several colours in one stamping design, but I haven't had much success with it in the past. All of these colours go together so well, I'm going to have to do another one of these. 

As promised, I will give a mini review of these stamping polishes. These are the first coloured stamping polishes I have purchased. I was very excited to find this Australian Indie brand and from what I can tell, they work really well. Silver is a light colour to stamp over, but I feel like the colours are so pigmented that they'd work over anything. These colours in general are really awesome as well. I am completely drawn to pastel polish and I was not at all let down! I was very pleased and will definitely be purchasing more of these. I might still do a full review of these when I buy more, so let me know if you'd like to see that.
If you would like to check out their massive range of stamping polish, you can do so here: http://www.hitthebottlepolishes.com.au/ 

Hit The Bottle Messy Mani

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with Hit The Bottle. I was not paid for this review, nor was I sent anything for free. All opinions are honest and my own. 

What do you think? 
Will you be trying a multi-coloured stamping mani?
Let me know in the comments. 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment