Sunday 19 November 2017

Summer Inspired Ocean Shore Nail Art


Hello everyone.

I hope you're all well.

I am stepping a little out of bounds with this weeks mani.
I'm not typically the kind of person to follow the rules, so I figured I should apply my regular life choices to my blog and create a summer inspired nail art design in the midst of spring. I have been wanting to try this design for quite a while and I had this amazing nude colour staring me in the face, so I decided to just do it. 

Ocean Shore Nail Art

For this I used these polishes:
Do You Take Lei Away by OPI
Sky's The Limit by BYS
Blanc by Essie
Kwik Dry Top Coat by Sally Hansen 
G'day Matte Top Coat by Picture Polish

I also used these products and tools:
Liquid latex by Lulaa
Plastic cup
Water
Spray bottle with water
Cotton bud
Make up sponge

Once Shore with G'day Matte Top Coat

I started with two coats of Sky's The Limit for a base. Once dry, I applied a layer of liquid latex around each nail and allowed to dry. Taking a make up sponge, I applied Sky's The Limit and a smaller amount of Do You Take Lei Away, and dabbed it onto the nail. I continued this until I was satisfied with the gradient and opacity. I allowed this to dry completely before moving onto the next step. I then grabbed my plastic cup and spray bottle and filled them with water. Next, I applied liquid latex to each of my nails. Using Blanc, I placed a few drops into the cup and allowed them to spread. Taking the spray bottle, I then sprayed a little over the polish, which causes the polish to separate in an interesting pattern. I'm not gonna lie, this took a fair few tries because I didn't like the way it was separating. I finally just gave in and dipped my finger into the polish. Using the cotton bud, I cleaned up any excess polish on the surface of the water, then continued this with all nails before removing the liquid latex. Once the polish was dry, I dabbed a cloth over the nails to remove any leftover water from my hands.
To finish off, I applied Kwik Dry Top Coat, followed  by G'day Matte Top Coat. I feel like matte top coat always works better over the top of a regular top coat. 

Ocean Shore with Do You Take Lei Away

I was rather pleased with the outcome of this nail art, although it was a little hard to judge the way the pattern was going to turn out when looking in the cup. I think that's why I was a little skeptical at first and had to try it several times. I feel if I was to do this again I'd just close my eyes and let the polish do it's thing.
Also, I don't have a large collection of nude colours. I think I'm currently sitting on three, one of which was a gift for being part of my best friend's bridal party. I think this was probably a bargain buy which is why I have it. If I ever see a bottle of OPI for less than $10 I will just grab it. I love their polish, but it is so expensive! Another reason it took so long to try this nail art. 

What are your thoughts?
Have you tried this design?
Let me know by leaving a comment.

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment