Sunday 23 April 2017

Rainbow Zebra Print

Howdy Howdy!

Hope everyone is feeling good!

I recently felt the need to create a rainbow gradient design, so I went ahead and did one! 
This is what I ended up with. I really love the way the gradient turned out, although you can barely see the green.

Rainbow Zebra Print

What I used:

Essie - Blanc
Chi Chi- Barbie Boy
Chi chi - Good Vibrations
Chi Chi - Boys Boys Boys
Chi Chi - Wake Me Up Before You Go Go
Born Pretty - White Stamping polish
Born Pretty - Black stamping polish
Born Pretty - Stamping plate 16
Celestial - Camo Coat

Rainbow Gradient

I started with a base coat of Blanc. Whilst drying I used Camo Coat around the nails for easy clean up. I then applied stripes of Barbie Boy, Good Vibrations, Boys Boys Boys & Wake Me Up Before You Go Go to a cosmetic sponge and dabbed them onto the nail. Once I got to the opacity I wanted, I applied a quick dry top coat. After allowing it to dry I used Wake Me Up Before You Go Go, Boys Boys Boys, Good Vibrations & Barbie Boy on stamping plate 16, then scraped and stamped onto my index nail. After cleaning the plate, I used Black stamping polish 
& did the same for all five nails. I did it once more with White stamping polish on my ring finger nail and finished with a quick dry top coat.

Rainbow Zebra Print with White stamping polish. 
This seems super intricate, but that is why we have stamping plates! These things are so easy and useful! I've not done double stamping before, and I found I did not like the white over black. If I re-did this design, I'd go with the white underneath the black... But, some things are just trial and error. Besides, it didn't turn out all bad!

What are your thoughts?
Let me know!


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment