Sunday 30 April 2017

First Attempt at Waterfall Nail Art - Fire Wall.

Hey everyone!

I hope everyone is well!
I tried something new for this week's design. It's something I've wanted to do for a while but just kind of forgot about until now. Usually I just look at my colours, pick out a bunch and wait to see what hits me. 

This time I decided I was going to do this design and just picked colours that worked. 

So, here is my first waterfall nail design, which turned out more like a fire wall. 

Fire Wall 

For this one I used the following colours & tools:

Sally Hansen - Sun Kissed
Sally Hansen - Hot Tamale
Sally Hansen - Cherry Red
Sally Hansen - Mellow Yellow
Thin & Long striping tool.
Sally Hansen - Kwik Dry Top Coat.

Fire Wall with Sun Kissed - Sally Hansen
To do this design I started with two coats of Mellow Yellow on two fingers, and two coats of Sun Kissed on my remaining nails. After drying, I took a sandwich bag and placed a blob each of Cherry Red, Hot Tamale, Sun Kissed & Mellow Yellow. Using my striping brush, I did one colour at a time across each nail, varying between lengths and location. I continued this with all four colours. Once complete & dry, I added the Kwik Dry Top Coat.

Fire Wall

This design was nice and easy. I'm not overly keen on my colour choices, but I still think it looks cool. Next time I might try doing a purple or a blue theme, as I have so many of these colours. I would have liked to have added a glitter or a metallic, but I didn't have one to match this theme. I also think a matte effect would have looked pretty cool on this one. 

What are your thoughts? Have you done something like this?

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment