Sunday 19 February 2017

80's Retro Vinyls Nail Art

Hey hey everybody! 

I hope everyone has been well.

I took a little inspiration from my "brother-in-law" for today's design. He and some really cool Canadians do an awesome podcast about synth wave & 80's styled music. You can check them out here. 

80's Retro Vinyl Nail Art
For this design I used Bundle Monster stamping plate 601, BYS - Cotton Candy (a very soft purple pastel scented polish), BYS - Applause (a very soft pink pastel) & Born Pretty Black Stamping Polish. 

Starting with two coats of Cotton Candy as a base, I used Cotton Candy & Applause to make a gradient (which doesn't show up very well in the photos because they're very similar colours). After applying a top coat and letting it dry I painted the black stamping polish onto the BM - 601 plate, scraped and then stamped on the nail. I used two different design patterns for this one. Once dry I applied a top coat. 

80's Retro Vinyl Nails

As you can see, I had a little smearing from the stamping polish which is always a bit disappointing. There always seems to be one! *sigh*... All in all I think it's a pretty cool design and I'm happy with it. I'm glad I bought this particular plate. 

80's Retro Vinyl Nail Art

80's Retro Vinyl Nails with Stamping Polish

I originally wanted to do this with 80's pop colours, but changed my mind to a more pastel look. I think if I was to do them again it would be with a hot pink or something like that. What colours would you use?


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment