Sunday 15 July 2018

Happy Accident Nail Art (Black and White Line Design)

Hello people!

I hope you're all doing well.
It has been extremely cold here today, but that has not slowed us down!
We were working on a garden project this morning, which warmed us up quite nicely. 

I decided not to paint my nails today so that I could help out with the garden. It was fun, but I got so much dirt under my nails, I was a little horrified.
This week's nail art is a design I wasn't going to post, but I figure, why the heck not?
After all, it's not all that bad, just not what I had intended.


I started out with plans to create a Fall Out Boy (my favorite band) nail art based on the American Beauty/American Psycho Album cover (see here), but seeing as though I can't really draw, things went south pretty quickly!.
However, instead of starting all over again I decided to continue and see what would happen.
So here it is, Happy Accident Nail Art aka Black & White Line Nail Art!


Happy Accident Nail Art

I used these polishes:
Blanc by Essie
Lady In Black by OPI
Base & Top Coat by Rimmel
Big Kwik Dry Top Coat by Sally Hansen

I also used these tools:
Thin & short striping brush
Sandwich bag

Happy Accident Nail Art with Blanc

I started with one coat of Top & Base Coat. I am using this one at the moment to help my nails with the colder weather. Once dry I applied two coats of Blanc, then grabbed a sandwich bag and applied a drop of Lady In Black to it. 
Taking my thin & short striping brush, I dipped it into Lady In Black and started with two vertical stripes on my index nail; one in the center and one to the right. I intentionally made them imperfect (which was a little too easy, ha ha).
I then moved to my middle finger and attempted to create a star. After realizing I had made a mistake and wasn't going to get what I wanted, I turned it into a line pattern by duplicating the first line of the "star". I then added another straight line to my index finger to tie them together. Moving on, I added rough horizontal lines to my ring finger and some very lazy chevrons on my pinkie nail. To finish off, I applied a coat of Kwik Dry Top Coat.


Happy Accident Nail Art with Lady In Black

I am a little disappointed that my initial design didn't work out, but I actually do like this rough line design. To be honest, I really like anything that looks slightly distressed, nail art or otherwise.
I plan to attempt the Fall Out Boy nail art again at some point in the future. I will probably use vinyls next time though, since I have no hope of actually drawing tiny stars at the best of times. 

What do you think?
Have you done band nails before?
Let me know by leaving a comment!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. I named my pinky nail Radium.

    Because the infection turned it green.

    ReplyDelete