Sunday 20 May 2018

Namaste Nail Art

Hi there!

Wow, I feel like I'm on a roll!
I haven't posted this consistently in quite a while!
This roll will be temporarily interrupted next week though, unfortunately, as I'll be in Sydney for a family event. I am planning to have something done in advance, however, so I can post as soon as I get back.
We'll see how that goes!

Lately, I have been trying a lot of new things - one of those being yoga. It has been really good for me, and it's fun. When I came across this awesome plate I got from bundle monster, I just knew it was the perfect time to do a yoga inspired design! Keep reading for the polishes and tools I used to create this soothing nail art. 

Namaste Nail Art

I used these polishes:
Lucky Ducky by BYS Cosmetics
As Black As Night Stamping Polish by Hit The Bottle
Ready To Take Off by UNT Cosmetics
Kwik Dry Top Coat by Sally Hansen
Big Matte Top Coat by Sally Hansen

As well as these tools:
Liquid Latex by Lulaa
Mythology BM-XL405 Stamping Plate By Bundle Monster
Large Clear Stamper
Scraper
Cotton Buds
Mani saver

Namaste Nail Art with As Black As Night by Hit The Bottle


For this design I decided to use Ready To Take Off as my base coat, as I intended to doing another design soon after. Once that was dry, I applied four coats of Lucky Ducky. Due to the paleness of this colour, it requires a few coats to be totally opaque. Once dry, I applied liquid latex around each nail.
I then chose the design I wanted for my pinky nail. After applying a generous amount of As Black As Night over the image, I took my scraper and dragged it cross the design a few times. Using my stamper, I picked up the design and pressed it firmly onto the nail, aiming for the right corner and rolling it back and forth a few times. I do this for larger designs to ensure that the entire image transfers evenly to the nail.
After cleaning the stamping plate with a cotton ball dipped in acetone (using my mani saver), I repeated this for my index finger, applying the design to the left corner. Once again, I cleaned the plate.
At this point, I removed the latex from these two fingers to avoid the polish drying and flaking off as I remove it. Moving onto the middle two fingers, I chose the next image and repeated the same steps, only this time I went for the bottom corners of these nails. After removing the latex and allowing the images to dry completely, I applied Kwik Dry Top Coat. Finally, I applied a coat of Big Matte Top Coat to finish it off.


Namaste Nail Art with Lucky Ducky by BYS Cosmetics


I really love this design!
I had a bit of trouble choosing my colours as I wanted it to be calming, but still fun. I chose this yellow because I hardly get to use it, and yellow is the colour associated with happiness. Once it was done I knew it was the perfect colour!


I decided to go matte because I felt that glossy just wouldn't seem right for this design.
Once again, I made the right choice!


My only complaint is my pinky nail. I wanted to it be more like my index finger nail, but my stamper has a lot of scuffs on the bottom, which makes it hard to see proper placement.
Also, they are just so tiny!
Curse you pinkie nails!
Ha ha!


Does this nail art make you want to do yoga?
Would you try this design?
Leave me a comment with your thoughts. 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment